We’d like to say a big thank you to the lovely Alicja Johnson AKA Reel Red Reviews for nominating JumpCut UK for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is an online award passed on from blogger to blogger. By being a part of the Liebster Award process, bloggers can gain recognition for their own work, whilst discovering new and interesting bloggers.
The rules are simple – answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominates you, and then nominate the bloggers you think deserve the award and pose them 11 questions of your own.
Our editor-in-chief, Jakob, answers Alicja’s questions here:
1.What is your favorite movie from 2015?
2015 actually turned out to be an amazing year for film releases, with ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’, ‘Ex Machina’ and ‘Sicario’ really impressing me. The best release of 2015 though, was ‘Whiplash’.
2. What are your most anticipated movies for this year?
I’m incredibly excited for all the comic book movies set to be released in 2016, but ‘Batman v Superman’ is a momentous occasion for cinema. Later in the year, Star Wars spin-off ‘Rogue One’ should be amazing too.
3. Biggest Disappointment (movie or TV show) from 2015?
Simply because of my own huge expectations, ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ was kinda disappointing. It was still a decent film, but nowhere near what I had hoped for, and the titular villain was a real letdown.
4. What celebrity do you think you’d get along really well with – who could be your best friend?
There’s lots of people I would love to hang out with. It would be great to spend some time with Margot Robbie, for obvious reasons, but in terms of a best friend, Oscar Isaac seems like a cool guy.
5. Do you have a celebrity lookalike? If not, is there a celebrity you’ve always imagined yourself being like?
I don’t think I look like anyone in particular, but if I could be like anyone, it would have to be Batman. You should always aspire to be Batman.
6. Do you have a travel bucket list? What are the top three places you’d like to visit?
I’m desperate to go and see the Northern Lights, probably in Norway – that’s number one on the list. I would love to relax on a beach in Hawaii too, of course, and maybe somewhere in South America like Brazil.
7. Name your ideal comfort meal.
Pizza. There’s nothing that can’t be fixed with pizza.
8. If you could choose any epic movie death, which way would you go?
I reckon it would be cool to go out in a massive shootout, à la any Quentin Tarantino film.
9. Which fictional town (or school, like Hogwarts) would you choose to live in?
I would love to live in Gotham City and give Batman a helping hand. Plus, it would be cool to meet The Joker.
10. What’s the first movie you remember seeing?
The first movie I remember seeing, at the cinemas at least, was ‘Babe’. You know, the George Miller film about the talking pig. I loved that film when I was little.
11. How long have you been blogging for, and why did you start?
I’ve been blogging for just over a year now. I started writing in January 2015, simply as a way to express my thoughts after watching films, kinda like an online journal. The plan quickly changed though, and I decided to push JumpCut UK to become a much broader venture and put together a team of writers (who are all excellent by the way).
So, we nominate:
The Movie Guy 14
HC Movie Reviews
Caz AKA Let’s Go To The Movies
Grog’s Movie Blog
The Watcher Blog
A Tale Of Two Dans
and Jay AKA Assholes Watching Movies
Now, please answer these questions for us guys:
1. Which actor would you pick to play the lead in a biopic of your life?
2. What’s your favourite film of all time?
3. What’s the first ever film you remember watching?
4. Do you prefer watching films at home or at the cinema?
5. What is your favourite quote from a film?
6. Who is the coolest film character of all time?
7. Generally speaking, what is your favourite genre of film?
8. If you could interview any actor/actress/filmmaker, who would you pick?
9. Do you want to work in the film industry, and if so, in what capacity?
10. It seems that every film gets a sequel/remake these days, but which one film should never be messed around with?
11. Which 2016 film are you most excited about?
Thanks again to Alicja, and thanks in advance to all of our nominees for joining in and answering our questions. Peace y’all!