We are delighted to accept the nomination of a Sunshine Blogger Award from the wonderful Alicja Johnson AKA Reel Red Reviews (if you don’t already know her, you really should go check out her blog). Thank you very much for the nomination; this is the first time we’ve been recognised for this award.
For those who don’t know, the Sunshine Blogger Award is a chain-letter style award (similar to the Liebster Award), which is designed to honour those who consistently deliver excellent content which makes readers happy.
Now, our Editor-in-Chief Jakob will answer Alicja’s questions:
1. What would be your dream job?
Well, as you may have worked out by now, I am totally obsessed with film. So, any job in the film industry would make me a very happy man. But, the dream I’m working towards is to be a filmmaker – both writing and directing.
2. What are some of your favourite childhood films?
I was a fiend for Disney films as a child (and still am today to be honest), so films like ‘The Jungle Book’ and ‘The Lion King’ are firm favourites of mine. I also love ‘Toy Story’ and ‘Monsters Inc’ – but who doesn’t?
3. As an ode to Barbara Walters: If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
I have literally never considered what tree I would be before, so thanks for giving me something new to think about. I would love to be a Palm tree, of course, so that I could just hang about in exotic places and do my best to look pretty.
4. What’s your least favourite film genre?
I do love most film genres, but if there’s one genre I avoid, it’s horror. But, that’s only because I’m a bit of a wimp, and I don’t enjoy watching films through my fingers too much.
5. Which sitcom character do you most relate to?
This is easy! I’ve actually just finished watching the brilliant ‘New Girl’, and it’s unsettling how similar myself and Nick Miler are. For those who don’t know Nick Miller, he is socially awkward, easily annoyed and a perennial over-thinker; so yeah, that’s me folks.
6. What’s the last movie you watched, and was it any good?
I watched ‘Mike And Dave Need Wedding Dates’ at the cinema last night, and I only watched it because I missed my preferred screening of the new David Brent movie. I thought I would hate ‘Mike And Dave’, but I have to admit it was quite hilarious; dumb, but hilarious.
7. What do you think has been the biggest Oscar snub of all time?
Well, until recently, I would have said any Leonardo DiCaprio snub, but thankfully that’s all in the past now. I’ve started to pay a lot more attention to The Oscars in recent years, and I have to say I was shocked Rosamund Pike didn’t win for her amazing performance in ‘Gone Girl’.
8. Who is your favourite movie love interest?
Hmmmm…am I allowed to say Margot Robbie, in anything, ever?
9. What movie are you most looking forward to in September?
September isn’t looking like an astounding month for new films to be honest, so I will probably spend most of the month catching up with films I’ve missed like ‘Life On The Road’ and ‘The Shallows’. I am keen to see ‘Kubo and the Two Strings’ though, which hits UK cinemas next week.
10. What sayings or personal mantra do you live your life by?
I spend a lot of my time thinking up and writing down new ideas for stories that I can tell through the medium of film, so for me, the words of Stanley Kubrick are always in my mind: “If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed”.
11. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Dogs, all the way. I actively dislike cats; I think they may actually be evil creatures who are secretly plotting against the human race.
We nominate HC Movie Reviews, Sarah Buddery, Jason Michael and Movie Rob to answer these questions and accept their very own Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. What is your favourite film of 2016 so far?
2. In your opinion, who is the most underrated actor/actress working today?
3. Name a “classic” film that everyone loves, but you haven’t even seen before
4. If you could be any film character, who would it be and why?
5. What is your favourite film of this decade so far (2010-2016)?
6. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
7. What is the last film you fell asleep during? And was it due to boredom or tiredness?
8. Which 2017 film are you most excited for?
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be? And would you use it for good or evil, be honest?
10. What is your most prized possession in the world and why?
11. If you had to get a tattoo of someone’s face, who would it be and why?